Saturday, July 21, 2012

Audio Reviews


Genre:
Mystery, Paranormal

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Recorded Books

Release Date:
2006







Synopsis from Fantastic Fiction:

Harper Connelly has what you might call a strange job: she finds dead people. She can sense the final location of a person who's passed, and share their very last moment. The way Harper sees it, she's providing a service to the dead while bringing some closure to the living-but she's used to most people treating her like a blood-sucking leech. Traveling with her step-brother Tolliver as manager and sometime-bodyguard, she's become an expert at getting in, getting paid, and getting out fast. Because for the living it's always urgent-even if the dead can wait forever.


My thoughts...

Good mystery and I really liked Harper and her step-brother. The town has your typically quirky characters that I love in my mysteries. This is the first book in the series and I'm definitely going to be catching up through audio books.



Genre:
Paranormal

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Recorded Books

Release date:
May 2012






Synopsis from Fantastic Fiction:

With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it's the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman's front yard--especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.


Now, it's up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl's fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who's out to make Sookie's world come crashing down.

My thoughts...

This is book #12 and another good entry in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I'm finding I'm not as excited about this series as I used to be but it's still fun and all my "friends" were there - Sookie, Eric, Bill, Alcide, Sam...



Disclosure: I took both audios from the library for my own reading enjoyment.

For Reading Challenge:

2012 Audio Reading Challenge




1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.