Monday, June 17, 2013

Q&A's with Author Sara Palacios (Love in Translation)





Book Synopsis

Still reeling from an unexpected breakup, Emily nurses her broken heart by spending time with her best friends and taking one-too-many vodka shots. After one long night, she takes a hard look inside herself and doesn’t like what she sees. She realizes that she has sacrificed too much in her failed relationships from the past and vows to never settle for anything less than almost-perfect again. As she picks up the pieces and regains her confidence, a sexy Spanish chef moves in across the hall and knocks her off her feet. What ensues is an unexpected and tantalizing affair that opens her eyes - and her heart - to a whole new world and leaves her feeling sexier than she has ever felt.  Emily finally sees how easy love is supposed to be. Is happily-ever-after actually possible? Just when she starts to think so, she realizes that sometimes life gets more complicated before it gets easier. And complicated is an understatement when Steven (her best and oldest friend in the world) confesses his love for her. Everything spirals out of control as Emily must make a choice between love and friendship, and in doing so, possibly risk it all.

LOVE IN TRANSLATION is a modern day love story about following your heart to unexpected places and taking chances in life … because sometimes you will find exactly what you are looking for.


You can purchase LOVE IN TRANSLATION here:
Amazon: Print or eBook
Barnes and Noble: eBook
Kobo: eBook

Q&A's With Author Sara Palacios

Please join me in welcoming author Sara Palacios (author of Love in Translation) to Socrates’ Book Review Blog.  I haven’t read Love in Translation yet, but I’m looking forward to it and learning more about this author.

So, let’s begin…


  1. Love in Translation is your debut novel.  Can you tell us how you came up with the idea for it?
I would love to. The idea for the novel actually stemmed from my own relationship with my husband…in a way. He is a native Spanish speaker (although you wouldn’t know it) but one day I wondered what would have happened if he still only spoke Spanish and I spoke English. I thought it was an interesting concept for a story and an idea for a book was born. 

  1. Was there much research involved?
Yes, actually there was quite a bit of research involved. I really immersed myself in the Spanish culture in order to make it feel authentic. I wanted the language, the sights, the sounds and the tastes to all feel real to the reader. 

  1. Do you have plans to write anymore books and do you plan to write in other genres?
I am currently writing a new novel which I hope to be finished with by the end of the year. Wish me luck!

  1. Thinking about your own reading preferences, what’s your favorite genre to read?
I adore Chick-Lit but I also really love historical fiction. My favorite book of all time is Pillars of the Earth by Ken Folliet. I also love fantasy books like Lord of the Rings!

  1. Are your fictional characters based on real life people or a creation of your own imagination?
There are small slivers of similarities between a few characters and a few people from my real life. I think my girlfriends play a big role in my writing when I am creating friendships.

  1. Who is you biggest influence in your writing career?
I don’t have one person per se, but I really enjoy looking at successful authors and trying to see what they’ve written and done and how they got to where they currently are. 

  1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve always enjoyed writing and reading. I didn’t try to pursue it professionally until after I graduated from college.

  1. What is the very first thing you wrote (published or not)?
I wrote a book prior to Love In Translation called Beautiful Disaster. It ultimately was just a trial run but I would love to try to dust it off in the future and see if I can make it shine. 

  1. Do you have any favorite authors or books?
Yes! I mentioned a few above, Pillars of the Earth by Ken Folliet and The Lord of the Rings trilogy. As far as chick-lit goes, I love Sarah Jio, Emily Giffin and Jennifer Weiner.

  1. Can you tell us any info about your next book?
I am a fly by the seat of my pants type of writer and my story is constantly evolving, so unfortunately what I say right now may not turn out to be very accurate. But, in a nutshell, it is about a woman who has to return home to face some things from her past that she left behind. Think Sweet Home Alabama meets Sleepless in Seattle. Fun, right?

Thank you, Sara, for spending time at Socrates’ Book Review Blog!

Thank you so much for having me! I am over the moon to be featured on your wonderful book blog!




Sara Palacios

Author of LOVE IN TRANSLATION






Sara Palacios is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin with a major in Advertising and a minor in English Literature. It was during her time in college that she really fell in love with the written word and ventured into writing her own stories. In addition to writing, Sara spends a majority of her time reading the works of other authors.  She reads most genres  – but thoroughly enjoys chick-lit, women’s and historical fiction. When she isn’t busy reading or writing, Sara enjoys spending time with family and friends. She is happily married, the owner of two precious doggies and a new mom to a handsome baby boy. Sara is also an avid animal-lover, runner, yoga enthusiast and wannabe vegan.


You can connect with Sara here:
Twitter: Sara Palacios
Facebook: Sara Palacios
Email: sararpalacios@gmail.com


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me on your lovely site!! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun one. And I love the blue bonnets on the cover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post today! I enjoyed reading this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview ladies. I'm reading Love in Translation too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.