Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - June 3rd


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading...



Something was off. Cara Kryzik was no psychic, but the minute her bare feet hit the floor that morning, she sensed it.

She sniffed the air apprehensively and was met with the sweet perfume from the tiny nosegay of gardenias - her favorites - that she'd place in a sterling bud vase on her dresser the night before.

Had she over-slept? No. The big bells of St. John the Baptist Cathedral were ringing the eight o'clock hour as she descended the stairs from her apartment to her shop one floor below.



What do you think? Would you continue reading?

22 comments:

  1. I like it. I think I already like Cara. I haven't read this author before but I like the way it starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that intro -- sounds like a great pick --enjoy Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a nosegay? This is a new word to me.
    Interesting teaser.

    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about this one ... good beach reading. I plan to read it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty cover. The author is coming to our local library for a champagne reception, but sadly, I have another commitment that evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this beginning; I'd have to keep reading,

    My Tuesday Intro: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-63.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those words. She describes a beautiful morning. I would definitely keep reading. Seems like this lady is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to this book. It is one of my planned summer reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the smell of gardenias . . . I would keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read other books by this author and enjoyed them, so I'm sure I'd like Save The Date too. Your Teaser makes me wonder what's "off!"
    My Teaser is from SINFUL FOLK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy this author...and this one is on my list. I love the sound of it. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE”


    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! I like the sound of it!

    Here is my intro post from Song for Sophia by Moriah Densley.

    AND

    Here is my teaser post from Extra Care by Alina Cosma .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would definitely keep reading! I mean, what is happening? What is wrong? Also, nice description on the flowers! I hope you enjoy it :)
    My Intro
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  14. Intuition is a wonderful thing! I'd keep reading for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read this book recently, keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I would like to know what's happening to Cara there… something is up!
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely want to know more. You've posted a couple of excerpts from this one and now I'm going to end up having to read the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.