Monday, June 16, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - June 17th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading...




Amelia Moore, founder of the Moore Detective Agency, sat at her desk as she watched an eighteen-year-old girl take a seat in front of her. The young woman wore the new fashion trend, worn out Levis with the washed out look and with a hole here and there.

"I can pay you," said the young woman as she pushed her strawberry-blond hair behind her shoulders. "My name is Kate Clemmons. My parents said they would finance this because it's so important to me. Money is not an issue."



What do you think? Would you keep reading?

15 comments:

  1. Nice teaser...makes me want to know more about the story.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-65-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what young Kate Clemmons wants with a detective. She comes from money, it sounds like. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds very tempting! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE IDEA OF HIM”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, wonder why she needs a detective...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure how it all fits together, but I'm slightly curious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious. Why does she need a detective agency?
    My Teaser is from MAJOR PETTIGREW'S LAST
    STAND.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to know more. Why would such a young girl need to employ a detective? Here is my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't say I've heard of this author, but your teaser does make one want to know more, such as: why would a teenager need a detective? Mine: The Swiss Family Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From the cover I'd pass, but from the teaser, I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope, I'd have to pass, but hope you love it Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonder why the young girl has to hire a detective.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm curious! The cover is a little cheesy but I love the Ireland tie-in and I want to know more about the story. I might wait for a review or two before I hunt it down though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great teaser -- I'd love to know what it is she is trying to find out!

    Here is my TT post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't figure out why an eighteen year old would need a detective. Since I've written that sentence, a couple of reasons have come to mind. I like this one. I would keep reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.