Monday, October 10, 2016

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - October 11th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




First chapter...

Prologue

When he pulled out of the circular driveway of his beautiful English Tudor home that morning, Professor Thaddeus C. Pitt had no idea he was in the last hours of his life.


Teaser....

We both burst out laughing as the large black-and-white cat rose from his post in front of my refrigerator, stretched his forepaws out in front of him, and then sat back on his haunches, regarding the two of us with catly disdain.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

10 comments:

  1. A lot of cozies this week -- this one looks good. Perfect for October escape reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will always enjoy a cozy!

    https://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2016/10/11/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-countryside/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love how cats can show such disdain...there is never any question of their attitude.

    Sounds good. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE AMERICAN GIRL”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of it. When I first read the title, I thought of how my cat's claws are often my alarm given how he likes to wake me up, plucking at the blanket. No murders though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good start to the story. Love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a good solid cosy mystery - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a good one. I would keep reading. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, I would keep reading. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. My cat just did that! Honestly! I think it's because its time for her treat though. I must be late. LOL

    My TT from PooP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.