Saturday, October 22, 2016

Review: Weighty Matters by Linda Kozar, Narrated by Michelle Babb


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Linda Kozar

Release Date:
October 2016







Synopsis from Goodreads:

When a traveling circus comes to the town of Wachita, Texas bad things begin to happen under the Big Top. Super-sized sleuths, Sue Jan and Lovita take to the tents to track down a crazy clown killer, even though Lovita is fixing to give birth in just a few short weeks. And if that’s not enough, a scary Sasquatch is sighted in the Wachita woods, attracting a TV news reporter, a Bigfoot investigative team and a reality show film crew. The townsfolk are shaking in their cowboy boots but Sue Jan and Lovita aren’t clowning around.

My Review

I always love my visits to Wachita, Texas and catch up with Sue Jan and Lovita. They are like old friends at this point. I especially enjoy listening to this series on audio. Michelle Babb, the narrator, brings these characters to life. Both the narrator and author do an excellent job of painting vivid pictures of these characters as well as the secondary characters.

This book and the entire series makes you smile. There’s humor throughout the story. The mystery is intriguing and fast-paced.

Readers will shake their heads at Sue Jan and Lovita’s antics. This series is a great stress reliever for me since I listen on my way to work. It makes the commute very enjoyable.



FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun book, and I love the cover. Going to check the series out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.