Thursday, October 27, 2016

Review: The Trouble With Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis


Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Avone

Release Date:
September 2016







Synopsis from Goodreads:

If she has her way ...

Willa Davis is wrangling puppies when Keane Winters stalks into her pet shop with frustration in his chocolate-brown eyes and a pink bedazzled cat carrier in his hand. He needs a kitty sitter, stat. But the last thing Willa needs is to rescue a guy who doesn’t even remember her ...

He’ll get nothing but coal in his stocking.

Saddled with his great-aunt’s Feline from Hell, Keane is desperate to leave her in someone else’s capable hands. But in spite of the fact that he’s sure he’s never seen the drop-dead-gorgeous pet shop owner before, she seems to be mad at him ...

Unless he tempers “naughty” with a special kind of nice ...

Willa can’t deny that Keane’s changed since high school: he’s less arrogant, for one thing—but can she trust him not to break her heart again? It’s time to throw a coin in the fountain, make a Christmas wish—and let the mistletoe do its work ...

My Review

I’ve loved Jill Shalvis’ books for years and this one did not disappoint. It’s the second book in her Heartbreaker Bay series. This one is Willa and Keane’s story and it’s quite a story. These are two lost souls not knowing that they desperately need their soulmate. Instead, they think being alone is the way to go. It doesn’t take long for them to realize what’s really important in life.

Willa and Keane’s journey takes many bumps along the way, but neither gives up. Willa, also, has a huge circle of friends that refuse to let her give up. This romances mixes emotion and humor beautifully. It’s the perfect book to read for Christmas. It’s a “feel good” type of book.

The series doesn’t end here, though. There are more books to come and, if they are anything like the first two, it should make for some fun reading.





FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.