Monday, October 17, 2016

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - October 18th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




First chapter...

The sun had barely come up and Willa Davis was already elbow deep in puppies and poo - a typical day for her. As owner of the South Bark Mutt Shop, she spent much of her time scrubbing, cajoling, primping, hoisting - and more cajoling. She wasn't above bribing either.


Teaser....

It was over an hour before the shop would open at nine a.m. but her client had called in a panic because the pups had rolled in horse poo.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

12 comments:

  1. Intro made me smile but, I don't think this one is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. This sounds like a fun read. And it's time to start getting those Christmas books in.

    My teaser today is from a YA new release about bullying. A real page-turner. https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-XL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not quite ready for holiday reading yet... maybe in another month or so ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am in denial about Christmas .. I need to get past Halloween and Thanksgiving first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking this is a Christmas romance with more than just pups involved. Might be a fun, by the fire, light read. Thanks for sharing. Here's the link to my Tuesday intro and teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1i9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, not fun to do, but fun to read. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE LONDON TRAIN”

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a sweet and funny book - just the kind of story I enjoy!
    My Tuesday post features ARE YOU THERE, ERMA? IT’S ME, GAYLE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Puppies get into everything. LOL

    I really enjoyed the books by Jill Shalvis I read in the past. I would definitely want to continue reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might add this to my holiday reading list. It sounds fun and such a sweet cover:)

    My TT from Fear Of The Scarecrow

    ReplyDelete
  10. The intro doesn't grab me, but I would continue reading as I've heard some good things about Jill Shalvis's writing. Enjoy your festive reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great book! Happy reading!
    Here is my TT: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/teaser-tuesday4952373

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first paragraph sets up a nice start to the story. I like the bit of humor too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.