Saturday, October 29, 2016

Review: Making Amends by Melinda Clayton, narrated by Michelle Babb


Genre:
Fiction

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Thomas-Jacob Publishing

Release Date:
March 2016



Synopsis from Goodreads:

On a beautiful fall evening, in the middle of a game of hide-and-seek, five-year-old Bobby Clark is kidnapped by his estranged father, a shiftless man with a history of domestic violence and drug abuse. Bobby's twin brother Ricky watches, terrified, from his hiding place behind the bougainvillea, while mother Tabby, who also struggles with addiction, lies inebriated on the living room floor.

Bobby isn't seen by his loved ones again until a fateful morning 25 years later, when video of his arrest dominates the morning news. He has been charged with the murder of his father, but before the trial can begin, he manages to escape.

As Tabby and Ricky absorb the news of Bobby's return and subsequent escape, Tabby is convinced he'll come home to the quiet Florida street from which he was taken so long ago. But when events begin to spiral out of control, she's left to wonder: is a child born to be evil, or shaped to be evil? And in the end, when it's time to make amends, does it really matter?

My Review

This is a topic that could have been ripped right from the news headlines. It’s a realistic drama that plays out in an emotional and frightening manner. This is a totally engrossing and captivating story.

I listened to the audio version. The narrator, Michelle Babb, has a great flair for dramatic readings. She brings the listener right into the story giving them the opportunity to feel every tragic event the characters are going through.

This is a fascinating tale of a mother's worst nightmare and how it effects the entire family.  Both the author and narrator did a great job with this one.




FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.