Friday, March 5, 2021

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - March 5th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm going to start reading this one soon.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.


First Chapter

Prologue

It all began when I was six and lost my cat.

From 56% on my Kindle...

I love libraries.  The smell of the books, the hushed tones of the people, the rows of books on every imaginable topic.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When Hayden was a child, she lost her cat. Adults told her the cat ran away, but she knew the truth. The mirror had taken her. She knew because the mirror had given her a glimpse of an alternate world and had nearly pulled her in, so she was certain the cat had suffered that fate.

Twenty years later Hayden discovers the secret of the mirror when she is thrust into it. She learns of a world she never knew existed, and a family she never knew she had. But danger brought her here, and it followed her. Now, Hayden is on a mission to remove the threat, so that she can begin her magical, meaningful new life in this enchanted world.
 
What do you think?  What are you sharing today?




11 comments:

  1. The magic genre does not pull me in. I'd read the odd book once in a way only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The loss of the cat is a sad beginning...but I love the thoughts on libraries, and how they make us feel. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “UNFAITHFUL”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that second excerpt you shared! I feel that way too.

    This sounds interesting! My daughter and I recently read several books with a mirror that is a portal into a different world, but I imagine this one is much different than those. :-) I love the premise and am definitely interested in giving this one a try. I hope you enjoy it, Yvonne! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to that 56!! Sounds like a purrfect read!! ;-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sameeee. I love the smell of rows and rows of books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to have to add this to my tv series.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty cover and i love magical books. enjoy!
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 56 has me hooked! Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds really interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.