Friday, March 12, 2021

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - March 12th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to start reading this one soon.  I've had it on my TBR forever.




First Chapter

October, 1974
Kansas City, Missouri

Max, his short grey tail wagging impossibly fast, met me at the door with a did-you-ask-the-butcher-for- a-bone expression on his expressive doggy face.  Of course, I had.


From 56% on my Kindle...

Aunt Sis was out cold.  She'd passed out in the bathroom.  

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When Ellison Russell is nearly killed at a benefactors' party, she brushes the incident aside as an unhappy accident. But when her house is fire-bombed, she's shot at, and the person sitting next to her at a gala is poisoned, she must face facts. Someone wants her dead. But why? And can Ellison find the killer before he strikes again? Add in an estranged sister, a visiting aunt with a shocking secret, and a handsome detective staying in her guesthouse, and Ellison might need more than cream in her coffee...
 
What do you think?  What are you sharing today?




10 comments:

  1. There's a lot going on in this story. It seems interesting, and I like the quotes you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book...and really enjoy the series. I must grab some of the books I've missed.

    Here's mine: “TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm singing Carly Simon now, but still, the book pulled me in! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on my list too. I do like this genre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puppies in books are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book! This is one of my favorite series but I've missed the last few somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to read this one for awhile now. It sounds so good! I hope you enjoy it when you read it! Have a graet weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.