Friday, March 26, 2021

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - March 26th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm currently reading this one.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.

First Chapter

Beginnings and Endings

She is going to die tonight. 

From 56% on my Kindle...

"Well, at least I know if anything happens there are two doctors in the house."

Synopsis from Goodreads:

At the wedding of the year, a killer needs no invitation

Jutting from sparkling turquoise waters off the Italian coast, Isle Isola is an idyllic setting for a wedding. In the majestic cliff-top villa owned by the wealthy Compton family, up-and-coming artist Claire Hunter will marry handsome, charming Jack Compton, surrounded by close family, intimate friends…and a host of dark secrets.

From the moment Claire sets foot on the island, something seems amiss. Skeletal remains have just been found. There are other, newer disturbances, too. Menacing texts. A ruined wedding dress. And one troubling shadow hanging over Claire’s otherwise blissful relationship—the strange mystery surrounding Jack’s first wife.

Then a raging storm descends, the power goes out—and the real terror begins… 
 
What do you think?  What are you sharing today?




13 comments:

  1. Oof well that's quite a beginning isn't it? I read a book similar to this not too long ago and I adored it, the ramping up of the tension, the isolated location... I'm definitely adding this to my TBR pile! I hope you have a lovely week and do drop by my Friday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read Her Dark Lies and, these snippits make me want to read it even more! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this author and her newest book is on my TBR list. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I can't wait to read my copy! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “EVERY VOW YOU BREAK”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read this one!! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it when the terror always begins just as the power fails. Eek! My selection this week is called Dragon Hoops

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book Peepers and I are readin' at the mo is upstairs so I grabbed one of the shelf in our... MY office.

    Sherry snorted. "I'll never be ready for diapers." (From Claws of Action, A Cat Lady Mystery by Linda Reilly.)

    MOUSES! I'll never be ready for diapers, either, but then, you know... I'm a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Destination wedding/murder mysteries seem to be a thing now. This is the second one on BBOF this week. Maybe it's the modern version of the "country house weekend" mystery since no one goes on "country house weekends" with large groups these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you are so lucky to get this. J.T. Ellison is a favorite of mine. I met her a book festival a few years ago. Great person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That scenery is fantastic on the cover!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this one is so tempting! It sounds so good and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh sounds like things are going to get crazy! Sounds like a great thriller and hope you continue to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.