Monday, March 22, 2021

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros/Teaser Tuesdays - March 23rd



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



I, also, participate and link up to Teaser Tuesdays.  Here's info about that meme:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I'm about to start listening to this book on audio.  It's the third book in the series.  I'm loving this series.




First Chapter... 

There I was, staring at my doom...surely; this was a fate worse than death.  "I am in so much trouble.  This is a complete and total nightmare!"


Teaser...

"There couldn't be a more horrible circumstance.  Why is this happening to me?" I tugged on the locks of freshly dyed, black-and-magenta streaked hair that framed my face.  "What did I do to deserve this?"


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Everyone agrees that the food at Ho-Lee Noodle House is delicious—unless it happens to be deadly.

Lana Lee’s stake in her family’s Chinese restaurant is higher than ever now that she’s been made manager. So when she enters Ho-Lee into Cleveland’s Best Noodle Contest, Lana makes it her business to win—at all costs. But when a local food critic receives a threatening note in a fortune cookie and is later found dead, face-down in a bowl of lo mein, all bets are off. . .

Now, along with her sweet-and-sour boyfriend Detective Adam Trudeau, Lana decides to take matters into her own hands and dig into the lives of everyone involved in the contest. But when she receives an ill-fated fortune, Lana realizes that in order to save the reputation of her restaurant, she needs to save herself first. 
 

What do you think? Would you keep reading?




6 comments:

  1. Now I want to keep reading! I love that delicious cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds like a fun cozy. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that this is a fun cozy series. So yes, would continue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a series I want to sample. The cover looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that Chinese front cover has just made me really hungry!!! I love Chinese food .

    Here's mine for today. Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first sentence had me laughing. I've read one book in the series and really enjoyed it so I'd definitely keep reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.