Thursday, December 29, 2022

Review: Moonlight, Menorahs and Mistletoe by Wendy Warren

 



About the Book


Genre
Romance

Format
E-Boook

Publisher
Harlequin Special Edition

Release Date
November 30, 2021


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Is she the one

who can bring new love into his darkened heart?

As a new landlord, Dr. Gideon Bowen is more irritating than ingratiating. Eden Berman should probably consider moving. But in the spirit of the holidays—and curiosity about Gideon and his enigmatic past—Eden offers her friendship instead. As their relationship ignites, it’s clear that Gideon is more mensch than menace. With each candle of Hanukkah burning brighter, can Eden light his way to love?

My Review

Eden Berman can’t believe her new landlord is so difficult with all his new rules.  However, it’s almost Thanksgiving with Hanukkah right around the corner.  This is no time to look for a new apartment or be angry.  She's just going to have to deal with him.  

Dr. Gideon Bowen is a “no nonsense” type of guy.  He’s always serious.  The total opposite of Eden.  It doesn’t stop her from trying to break through his tough demeanor.  All Eden wants is a friend.  That’s the one thing Gideon does not want.

This is the story of two tortured souls.  Each one is dealing with a tragic past.  The author doesn’t let us in on all the details immediately.  She gives us bits and pieces throughout the story.  It gives the reader a chance to get to know the characters and feel what they are experiencing.

In the beginning, I thought Eden was too silly and unrealistic, but she grew right before my eyes.  Even Gideon shows signs of not being so tough.  I really cared about these two as they dealt with all kinds of emotions and demons from their past.  

This is the first book of a series.  I read through it quickly.  I didn’t want to put it down. I had to know what was going to happen to these two.  It’s the perfect time of year to read it.  It’s filled with romance, drama and a little humor, too.  A heartwarming story with Hanukkah in the backdrop. 

There’s already a second book in this series.  I’ll be checking it out.

For reading challenges:

Literary Escapes Reading Challenge 2022 (Oregon)


FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.




2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy stories that have good character growth. Sounds like this one did.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.