Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Review: Nantucket Christmas Escape: Second Chance Holiday Romance. Book 1 by Amy Rafferty

 


About the Book

 

Genre
Romance
 
Format
E-Book
 
Release Date
December 6, 2022

 

 My Review

In their younger days, Maggie, Cassie and Holly were close friends.  As adults, they weren’t quite as close but still best friends.  This Christmas, circumstances turn all three women’s world upside down.  When Maggie inherits her family’s lodge, they decide it would be the perfect place to unwind, relax and get their lives back on track.

Maggie meets the new contractor at the lodge and it’s someone she instantly dislikes.  While Holly tries to pick up the pieces of her life which was struck by a tragedy.  Cassie, also, has much to deal with when she suspects her husband is cheating on her. 

Their escape to Nantucket could be just what the three of them need to get their lives back in order.   

What an emotional roller-coaster this book is. Even though they grew apart, they are still close friends and are very supportive of each other.  All the characters are well-developed and realistic.  I found them all to be likeable. These are real people dealing with real problems. 

I really cared what happened to these women, but the story doesn’t end with this book.  It’s a cliffhanger that carries over to the next book.  This is a short, sweet book and can be read in one sitting. I’m so looking forward to reading the next one.

 


Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.