Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Review: Manatee Bay: Hopes by Amy Rafferty

 


About the Book


Genre
Romance

Format
E-Book

Release Date
August 23, 2022

My Review

Annie Davies returns to her hometown of Manatee Bay where her father still lives.  She’s trying to get her life together after her husband of 37 years unceremoniously dumps her for a younger woman.  He not only leaves Annie, but he walks away from his adult children as well.  Annie’s children rally around her as they all go to Manatee Bay in the hopes it will relieve their stress.

It’s not very easy for Annie as she runs into old friends, including her first love who is now with her best friend.  Things get a little crazy when Annie finds out the people closest to her can’t be trusted, including her ex-husband, Roger.  Now, Roger is missing.  Annie wonders what is going on and what he got himself into.

Manatee Bay is starting to be an emotional roller coaster for Annie.  Not a very relaxing getaway to say the least.  She doesn’t know who to believe or trust.  

This is a continuing series and book #2. I'm intrigued by a series that allows the reader to watch the characters growth from book to book.   The series is a delightful way to spend an afternoon.  It’s a quick read filled with quite a bit of emotion.  

Amy Rafferty does a great job of keeping the reader engaged from one book to the next.  I’m looking forward to the next book in the series.




Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library .  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.