Friday, December 16, 2022

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - December 16th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I just started reading this one.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.









First Chapter

The best part about working for the family business is that they can't fire me without causing all sorts of unwanted drama.  The worst part is I can't ever quit, not unless I want to hear about it every single Thanksgiving for the rest of my life - although I would put up with a whole lot for a plateful of Uncle Calvin's deep-fried turkey.  And as a bonus, at the family record shop I get to work with my two older sisters.

From 56% on my e-reader...

"Before you go," Maggie asked, "would you ever murder anyone?"

Synopsis from Goodreads:

First in a new series by Olivia Blacke, Vinyl Resting Place follows three sisters who discover that opening a family business can be murder.

When Juni Jessup and her sisters Tansy and Maggie put all their beans in one basket to open Sip & Spin Records, a record-slash-coffee shop in Cedar River, Texas, they knew there could be some scratches on the track, but no one was expecting to find a body deader than disco in the supply closet.

Family is everything to the Jessups, so when their uncle is arrested by Juni’s heartbreaking ex on suspicion of murder, the sisters don’t skip a beat putting Sip & Spin up for bail collateral. But their tune changes abruptly when Uncle Calvin disappears, leaving them in a grind. With their uncle’s freedom and the future of their small business on the line, it’s up to Juni and her sisters to get in the groove and figure out whodunit before the killer’s trail—and the coffee—goes cold.

Music and mocha seem like a blend that should be “Knockin' On Heaven's Door,” but caught up in a murder investigation with her family and their life savings on the line, Juni wonders if she might be on the "Highway to Hell" instead.





What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



9 comments:

  1. The opening has a sense of fun about it. The 56 really caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deader than Disco you say...! Sounds like fun Yvonne!

    Hope you enjoy it and will have a good weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever cover and the setting seems just right for a little family drama and romance. Hope you enjoy it.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-5

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this once before and it sure does look fun! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny! Nope, they can't really fire you from a family business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading this one right now and really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.