Saturday, December 24, 2022

Review: Sneaky’s Christmas Mystery by Debbie De Louise

 


About the Book



Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Solstice Publishing

Release Date
November 30, 2019


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Another death has occurred in Cobble Cove near the holidays. This time, it’s the owner of the new pet store in town who was felled by a case of cat food that crushed his skull. Was it an accident, or murder? While the townspeople including the sheriff are divided in their opinions, Sneaky and Kittykai, the library and inn cats, sniff out the truth.

My Review

It’s been awhile since I read a Cobble Cove book, but this series doesn’t miss a beat. I’ve always enjoyed Debbie De Louise’s writing and this story is no exception.  I still have some catching up to do but this is a short one and it’s perfect for this time of year.

When the local pet store owner is killed by a case of cat food, Sneaky and his friend Kittykai have their work cut out for them trying to find a killer.  They get a little help from their humans, too.

It’s a sweet, delightful mystery.  Even though this is a series, there are no cliffhangers.  The mystery is solved in this book.  

The characters feel as if they can be your neighbors.  They are likeable and people you can really care about.  The interaction between the cats (no, they don’t talk to the humans) made me smile.  So very cute.  Although it’s a novella, there is quite a bit of story in it and makes for a delightful way to spend a few hours.



Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.