Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Can't Wait Wednesday - September 6th






This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.


It's a bit early for Christmas books, but it seems like the publishers release them earlier and earlier each year.  Anyway, I always enjoy Mary Kay Andrews' books.










Synopsis from Goodreads:

When fall rolls around, it’s time for Kerry Tolliver to leave her family’s Christmas tree farm in the mountains of North Carolina for the wilds of New York City to help her gruff older brother & his dog, Queenie, sell the trees at the family stand on a corner in Greenwich Village. Sharing a tiny vintage camper and experiencing Manhattan for the first time, Kerry’s ready to try to carve out a new corner for herself.

In the weeks leading into Christmas, Kerry quickly becomes close with the charming neighbors who live near their stand. When an elderly neighbor goes missing, Kerry will need to combine her country know-how with her newly acquired New York knowledge to protect the new friends she’s come to think of as family,

And complicating everything is Patrick, a single dad raising his adorable, dragon-loving son Austin on this quirky block. Kerry and Patrick’s chemistry is undeniable, but what chance does this holiday romance really have?

Filled with family ties, both rekindled and new, and sparkling with Christmas magic, BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG CHRISTMAS delivers everything Mary Kay Andrews fans adore, all tied up in a hilarious, romantic gem of a novel.

Publisher:  St. Martin's Press
Release Date: September 26, 2023




What book are you waiting for?





7 comments:

  1. It might be early for Christmas - but I've already seen Christmas cards in the shops, so I don't blame you for getting your seasonal reads lined up, Yvonne:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good and I've noticed Christmas books seem to be coming earlier and earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good. I would love to stay in a camper selling trees in NYC- if all my cats could fit. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good. A camper in NYC sounds fun. I would need a big one to fit all my cats though. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's not to like about people who grow and sell Christmas trees?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many books by this author on my TBR! This looks like a good read - and another one I need to add to my list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.