Friday, September 15, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - September 15th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to start this one soon. 




First Chapter

I leaned my head back on the cushion and gave a push off the deck with my toes.  The porch swing swayed as gently as the wind across my face.

From 56% on my e-reader.

"What did you see?" asked Glo.

Frank sucked in a few deep breaths.  "Something suspicious."

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Would you join a book club that gets sucked into their cozy mysteries? These people did, and now they are hooked on traveling into books to become the amateur sleuths!

The book selection of the month takes the club into a charming and idyllic world of gnome-like people who love the earth, celebrating, and honey. What they don’t like is the mysterious ailment that is turning students at the local college into hideous versions of themselves.

The timing is terrible, as it coincides with the upcoming Honeybee Moon Festival, the community’s biggest celebration of the year.

The event is only a week away. Can the motley group determine what’s causing the students’ transformations, stop it from spreading, and get them back to normal? They better, since it’s the only way they can exit the book and get back home to Colorado.

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



7 comments:

  1. I love porch swings. I don't have one, but I do have a glider which is an adequate substitute. Hexes and Hooligans sounds like my kind of cozy. I would join that book club. Although maybe without the murder.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis the season! I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to go to fairy land and solve a mystery! It does sound delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got to get started on this series! I LOVE the idea of this book specifically because I love fairies and gnomes. I have the first one on Kindle. I'll have to read it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this premise! I really need to try this series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.