Saturday, September 23, 2023

Review: Area 53: The Casserole Ladies Go Where No Woman Has Gone Before by Billy & Linda Johnson




About the Book


Genre
Fiction

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Bill Johnson Consulting

Release Date
May 31, 2023


My Review

Who are the Casserole Ladies?  They are a group of older, single Southern women looking for a man, preferably a wealthy one.  They are particularly interested in widowers.  The Casserole Ladies are a competitive group - especially between two sub-groups, The Real Widows of Thomasville and the Mahjong Mammas.  Their competition can get pretty vicious.

The Real Widows of Thomasville are now featured in their own reality TV show where anything seems to go.  One of their members, Barbara “Babs” Neauxgeaux, is a non-stop talker.  Her favorite topic lately is the paranormal and Area 53.  Babs claims this is a government secret facility complete with UFOs and aliens.  Mitzi Merchant of the Mahjong Mammas isn’t buying it and challenges Babs to prove her claim.  She takes every chance she can get to publicly humiliate Babs until she accepts the challenge.  Along with two of her fellow Real Widows of Thomasville, they set out to defend Babs’ honor and shut Mitzi up once and for all.

What follows is a crazy, madcap adventure that kept me laughing from start to finish.  I don’t want to give too much away as I don’t want to spoil it. The best way I can describe it is a combination of satire, paranormal, chick lit and science fiction all rolled into one.  This is the second book in the Casserole Ladies series and picks up right where the first one ended.  You’ll definitely want to read both books to enjoy the Casserole Ladies reading experience.  Following the antics of these zany women is pure fun.

It’s a unique book that would make a great movie with many LOL moments.   

Disclosure:  This one is from my own e-book collection. I received it as a freebie. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. The casserole ladies, I know some in real life. When an older man is widowed, they seem to line up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.