Saturday, September 23, 2023

Review: Murder on the Oceania by Elizabeth Martin




About the Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Chillax Time Publishing

Release Date
July 6, 2016


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Kendra Phillips is living the dream. She works in a luxury cruise liner as a catering director, gets to travel to international destinations, and experiences food from around the world on a daily basis. After years of working in the hotel industry, she feels right at home in Golden Circle Cruise Liner.

That is until the cruise is shaken up with a death on sea.

The CEO of one of their biggest corporate clients was poisoned while eating blackberry cheesecake. With the 500-person occupancy rate of the Oceania, anyone onboard could have killed the CEO. A successful businessman like Mr. Dennis Harmon would have more foes than friends. Now, all eyes are on Kendra to find the culprit. Suddenly, her dream job has turned into her worst nightmare.

Now, Kendra’s on a deadline. She has to find the killer before the ship docks else she’ll lose any chance of catching the culprit and saving her reputation and the company’s.

My Review

Cruise catering director, Kendra Phillips is thrilled to be working for the Golden Circle Cruise Liner.  She’s especially anxious when a huge corporate client hosts a gala event.  It’s Kendra’s job to make sure the food and drinks continue to flow, and everything is perfect.  Then, tragedy strikes.

Her client’s CEO is poisoned when eating the blackberry cheesecake and instantly dies.  This could be a disaster for the cruise line as well as Kendra’s catering business.  It’s up to her to find the real killer and bring them to justice.  She quickly finds out this won't be easy as the CEO has many enemies.

This is a bite-sized cozy mystery set on a cruise ship.  It makes for a nice afternoon read.  The mystery is solved pretty fast.  I usually prefer longer, more in-depth mysteries, but I was looking for something quick and this fit the bill.    Plus, I like the cruise ship setting. 

For reading challenges:

Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2023


Disclosure:  This one is from my own e-book collection. I received it as a freebie. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes a short read is exactly what is needed, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.