Monday, September 4, 2023

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros - September 5th



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



I'm hoping to read this one soon.  It's #6 in the series.  I loved the first five books.  Excerpts are from the E-ARC.









First Chapter

When you are owned by a sweet little dog as I am, you know that when you're alone in the shower, half asleep, shampooing under a cascade of hot water in the most vulnerable moment of the day, that dog is going to bark to let you know a serial killer is coming for you with a knife.

Teaser...

Astra's growls grew more insistent, and then I heard a "Shhh."

Crapnoodles.

Somebody was out there.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Fatally fizzy …

The holidays in Bohemia sparkle with fun under the palm trees, even if mixologist Pepper Revelle and her Bohemia Bartenders friends are working their glasses off. With all the cocktailians in town, the season promises to be festive—at least until a murky death in the swamp puts one of their friends under suspicion.

Rumor has it the victim was on the verge of a fantastic discovery, but Pepper and her would-be boyfriend Neil find nothing but questions surrounding it. What was she looking for among the alligators? And was it a motive for murder?

While Pepper and Neil search for answers and try to date among the disasters, Pepper’s dog Astra snubs distiller Mark’s impudent pup, and her ex Mr. Mixy gets into more trouble than he’s worth. When Pepper gets too close to the truth, will she be blasted like a cork from a bottle of bubbly?

SHOCKED BY CHAMPAGNE is the sixth book in the Bohemia Bartenders Mysteries, funny whodunits with a dash of romance set in a convivial collective of cocktail lovers, eccentrics and mixologists. These quasi-cozy culinary comedies contain a hint of heat, a splash of cursing and shots of laughter, served over hand-carved ice.
First published August 15, 2023

What do you think? Would you keep reading?




5 comments:

  1. This does sound interesting! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic cover and it lured me in. I do love a good cocktail now and then.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crapnoodles. I'd have to read it just because it gave me a great new word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dog isn't much of a barker so if he started barking when I was in the shower I think I would just have a heart attack then and there! This sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.