Friday, September 8, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - September 8th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to read this one soon. The excerpts are from the E-ARC.





First Chapter

"Did you at least put your hair up with a nice clip?" "Fran!"

"Well, Lydia dear, messy buns are fine for the store, but I think you should look your best tonight.  A nice clip might be a nice touch."

From 56% on my e-reader.

Lydia wanted to scream.  Nothing was all right.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When seamstress Lydia Barnes finds a dead body soon after moving to a new town, she will need more than shear luck to find the killer, in this novel perfect for fans of Molly MacRae and Anna Gerard.

Lydia Barnes is excited for a fresh start when she moves to the quaint mountain town of Peridot, Georgia. Her friend, Fran, offers her a job at the Measure Twice fabric store and even sets her up on a date with the handsome Brandon Ivey, who also happens to be Lydia’s new next-door neighbor. Finally, things are looking up. But after a disaster first date that ends with a fist bump instead of a kiss, Lydia doesn’t think her night can get any worse. She’s soon proven wrong when she later stumbles upon Brandon’s dead body.

Considered the prime suspect by the police, Lydia calls on her friends to help her hunt for the truth and prove her innocence. But when another body is soon found inside the Measure Twice store, Lydia knows that the killer must be close by, and that this town has more than its fair share of secrets. Who would want to frame the newest addition to Peridot for these terrible murders—and why?

Lydia may discover that while sewing might have a pattern, killing rarely does. Will she be able to stitch together the clues and clear her own name before the killer strikes again?


What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



10 comments:

  1. I like the quotes for this one.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun one!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny play-on-words: "Seams", "Shear luck". I bet the author had fun with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cozies have such cute covers and titles. Sounds like a fun one. Have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks good. I just cat sat for a kitty that looks like the one on the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the seamstress cozy vibe! I hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always admired those who can sew. This sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just starting this and am looking forward to it. I love the intro!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there, I've been talking to Freda about taking over (hopefully temporarily) and relaunching the Friday 56. Were I to do so, Would you participate? How much forewarning would you want to prepare for it?

    No obligation (obviously), I'm just checking the temperature of those who participated in the last one.

    HC
    http://irresponsiblereader.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would join in again. I always enjoyed it. I wouldn't need much notice to start up again.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.