Friday, August 2, 2024

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - August 2nd





This week I'm joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.  This is where we post the beginning of the books we are reading or will be reading.  






I'm also joining in for the Friday 56.  

Freda at Freda's Voice started and hosted The Friday 56 for a long, long time. She is taking a break and Anne at My Head if Full of Books has taken on hosting duties in her absence. Please visit Anne's blog and link to your Friday 56 post.


Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.



I just finished reading this one. The excerpts are from the  E-ARC.    




Book Beginnings

Lizette Heflin was having a bad day.  First, she'd had a worse bout of morning sickness than usual, which meant she'd had to feed and diaper her cranky toddler through waves of nausea.  

This at 56% on my Kindle.

"Just a power surge," Mulder said.  He smiled tightly at Kang.  As ill at ease as he felt in this setting - and, he knew, always would - he could see how this doctor had gained Scully's confidence.


What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any X-Files books or watched any of the series on TV. I am so behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get this for my hubby. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that begining sounds miserable. Morning sickness is awful - and I have a feeling this isn't normal morning sickness. I need to try the books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nausea and childcare, that sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.