Monday, August 5, 2024

Review: Flower Girl by Rebecca Stevenson

 



About the Book


Genre
Romance

Format
E-ARC

Release Date:
July 16, 2024

Synopsis from Goodreads:

After suffering an unimaginable tragedy, Lily Greene boards a bus and travels the 1,000 miles from Chicago to Trinity Springs, Texas, her beloved grandmother’s hometown. Unsure of what she will find there, but certain she can’t stay in Chicago, she steps off the bus in a torrential spring rain and wanders into Sherise’s CafĂ©.

Cooper MacDonald, a confirmed bachelor by his own admission, has been offered a position in his best friend’s law firm in Trinity Springs. However, it would necessitate a move from Dallas, where he has a well-paying job as a corporate attorney. As tempting as it is to escape the hubbub and traffic of North Dallas, he hasn’t seriously entertained the idea. But when he almost collides with Lily and gazes into her mesmerizing blue-green eyes, he begins to rethink the offer.

Myra Williamson, one of Trinity Springs’s most colorful characters, owns the only flower shop in town, Bunches of Love. Lily soon finds a boss, a landlady, and a mentor in Myra. Their friendship will ultimately change both women’s lives forever.

My Review

Tragedy strikes Lily Greene and turns her life upside down.  The first thing she does is pack up her belongings in Chicago and move to Trinity Springs, Texas.  Her grandmother raised her there.  Although her grandmother is long gone, Lily thinks it would be the perfect place for her to get her life back in order.

Things immediately fall into place when she gets a job at the local flower shop, not to mention a room to rent.  Lily can’t help thinking about the past, but she’s quite happy with her present.

Meanwhile, attorney Cooper MacDonald is offered a position in Trinity Springs at his best friend’s law firm.  It’s a good offer, but the bad thing is he lives in Dallas and is not interested in moving.  Then, he meets the lovely Lily and his plans change.

This is a sweet novel of friendship, family, new beginnings and second chances.  The characters are all well-developed and realistic.   They face realistic situations with maturity.  Lily and Cooper talk to each other - no silly misunderstandings.   They take it slow without falling into bed immediately.  It’s a romance that builds into a friendship and more.  These are characters who could easily be your neighbors and friends.

Flower Girl is a quick read.  It’s a true delight to meet these characters.  I've come to care about them as if I know them personally.  

This is the third book in the Trinity Springs series, but not to worry.  Each novel stands alone.  Previous characters do appear in this one but it’s just in passing.  I’ve read all three books and it’s nice to catch up with old friends, but I don’t feel readers would be lost if they haven’t read the first two.  However, each book is so good, you’ll want to read them all.  

This is a true feel-good series.  It left me feeling satisfied for the main characters but wanting to read more about this town and the people who live there.  I hope we’ll get more stories.  I'm already missing these delightful characters.



For reading challenges:
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2024


FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author. I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this kind of romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a feel good read! This sounds wonderful and just the kind of book I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.