Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Review: Kittyzen’s Arrest by Addison Moore and Bellamy Bloom

 



About the Book



Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Hollis Thatcher Press, LTD.

Release Date
September 24, 2019

Synopsis from Goodreads:

My name is Bizzy Baker, and I can read minds—not every mind, not every time but most of the time, and believe me when I say it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

Bizzy Baker runs the Country Cottage Inn, has the ability to pry into the darkest recesses of both the human and animal mind, and has just stumbled upon a body. With the help of her kitten, Fish, a mutt named Sherlock Bones and an ornery yet dangerously good looking homicide detective, Bizzy is determined to find the killer.

Cider Cove, Maine is the premier destination for fun and relaxation. But when a body turns up, it’s the premier destination for murder.

My Review

Bizzy Baker is the manager of the Country Cottage Inn.  It’s located in Cider Cove, Maine and seems to be the place everyone goes to party.  One night things get out of hand and Bizzy discovers a dead body.  To make matters worse, she knew the victim.  She sticks her nose right into the middle of the investigation.  She figures it shouldn’t be a problem to find the killer since she can read minds.  

Then the local homicide detective, Jasper Wilder, works the case and demands Bizzy stay out of it.  Of course she’s not going to listen to his demands, but she will secretly read his mind. Not only will she continue her snooping, but she also finds herself quite attracted to the detective. 

This cat lover couldn’t help reading this one.  Not only is it a cute title, but a cute cat is on the cover.  How could I resist?  I admit it took a little time for me to get involved in this one, but it didn’t take long for me to be drawn in.  I liked how Bizzy could even read the animals’ minds and was able to communicate with them.  It was cute.  

The story is a combination romance and mystery.  I thought there was more romance than mystery, though.  I usually like my cozies to be the opposite, but this worked.  I did like the potential romance between Jasper and Bizzy.  It should be fun to see how this plays out.

It’s a long series (27 books) and I do plan to read more.  I love the kitty, Fish, and the dog, Sherlock.  They are adorable.  I’m looking forward to reading what happens next.

For reading challenges:

Craving for the Cozies Reading Challenge 2024
The Backlist Reader Challenge 2024
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2024


Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library .  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would mind reading be cheating? I guess if it solves the mystery and nabs a killer, it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover alone makes me want to read this one. It looks like a cute read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.