Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Review: Let the Purring Begin: Sapphire’s Tale by Sallie Cochren

 




About the Book



Genre
Fiction

Format
E-ARC

Publisher
Sallie Cochren

Release Date
August 3, 2024

Synopsis from Goodreads:

If you are a lover of cats, this tale is for you!

When a sweet cat named Ashley finds herself tossed outside to live on her own, she doesn't know what the future holds for her. Frightened and forced to fend for herself, she isn't sure that she can ever trust humans again.

But that soon changes when she meets Summer, a kind woman who rescues her and gives her a new name - Sapphire. Despite Summer telling Sapphire that she loves her and that she is her forever baby, it takes time for Sapphire to trust a human fully again.

Sapphire and Summer aren't alone for long. It seems that Sapphire has brought some other cats with her. When she has three beautiful kittens, they all want to stay with Summer. Can they convince Summer to keep them all? And when a new cat named Mango shows up, how will he change their family dynamics?

This heart-warming tale, told by a former street cat, shares her journey as she learns to love again!

My Review

A young cat named Ashley has a lovely home with her human mom, Laura.  Then, one day, she suddenly finds herself on the streets having to fend for herself.  The dangers of living on her own are more than a little frightening.  Starting with hunting for food and running from wild animals.  

Ashley meets a nice lady named Summer who brings her food.  It turns out Summer is more than someone feeding her, she rescues her and takes her home.  Ashley gets a new name.  She is now known as Sapphire.  She doesn’t mind the new name, but she finds it hard to trust a human again.  

Sapphire isn’t alone.  She’s having babies and must find a way to convince Summer to keep them as well.  Sapphire has her work cut out for her since Summer is determined to find new homes for the babies.

This is a beautifully written story of love, family and trust.  It’s told from the point of view of Sapphire. She doesn’t verbally communicate with the humans, but the reader knows what she’s thinking and feeling.  It’s exactly the way I think my kitties think.  

My heart was totally captured by this story.  As a cat lover, I was engrossed in this tale from page one until the end.  I’ve done some cat rescuing of my own and I could easily identify with this book.   By the end of the book, I couldn’t see beyond my own tears.  Nothing bad happens, but I was totally touched by Sapphire's plight. It touched so many different emotions for me. This is easily at the top of my favorites for 2024.  

FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author. I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like one I'd enjoy, and so would my Sweetie, he's a sucker for a good animal story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.