Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dead Locked by Amy Saunders





Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
EBook

Release Date:
March 2011








Imogen Bell finds herself captivated by the mystery of a lost pirate treasure. Unfortunately, her boyfriend Sebastian and the rest of her underwater archeology team don’t share in her fascination. When their boss, Peter, is murdered, Imogen is more determined than ever to find the treasure that he had believed in, but it’s not quite as easy as she thought it would be.

Sebastian fears for Imogen’s safety as it becomes more and more obvious that there is someone else after the alleged missing treasure. He begs Imogen to give up her search but she’s stubborn and continues her investigation. As she continues to look for the treasure and her boss’ killer, Imogen finds herself as the next target.

My only problem was that each chapter bounces back and forth between before Peter’s murder and after. I found the time shift to be a bit jarring. Even when I see this done in movies or on TV, I sometimes find it difficult to follow – but that’s just me. There’s a part that takes us back in history to the 18th century, which I found absolutely delightful.

Amy Saunders has created a real page-turner with this book. The mix of mystery and romance is lively and fun to read. The plot is fast-paced and readers will feel as if they are part of the adventure. Amy takes an 18th century romance and mixes it with a modern day romance which works beautifully. She has mastered the art of storytelling. You won’t want to put this one down.

I’m looking forward to reading more work by this author.







FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.



For reading challenges:


2012 Ebook Reading Challenge
2012 Romantic Suspense Reading Challenge
Where Are You Reading? (Rhode Island)
Cruisin’ Thru The Cozies
2012 Self-Published Reading Challenge

3 comments:

  1. Now this one sounds fun and the cover is so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds like a fun read, I love the cover, it got my attention last week when you featured it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, thank you so much for reviewing Dead Locked! I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.