Friday, May 11, 2012

Desert Intrigue by Linda Weaver Clarke




Genre:
Mystery

Publisher:
Red Mountain Shadows Publishing

Release Date:
March 2012

Format:
EBook (also available in paperback)





Julia Evans’ brother, Kelly, inherits the family property in Arizona and opens a dude ranch. He does quite well with it, but suddenly, things take a turn for the worst and mysterious things happen. The guests believe the ranch is haunted and business takes a huge nosedive. Julia, her husband and their twin daughters take a trip to Arizona to help out, but it’s not as easy as they thought it would be.

The mysterious incidents become downright dangerous, especially when Julia’s life becomes the target. All signs point to someone on Kelly’s ranch being the culprit. A possibility that tears Kelly apart since he trusts the men implicitly, but obviously one of them has betrayed that trust.

A secondary storyline involves April, Julia and John’s daughter. She’s in the midst of planning her wedding and the one person she needs by her side is her mother. However, April understands that Julia needs to be in Arizona for her brother, but that doesn’t stop her from nearly having a nervous breakdown when the wedding plans go up in smoke.

Meanwhile, fear of going broke is leading Kelly to want to get rid of the precious family land. Julia has no intentions of sitting on the sidelines and allowing this to happen. With the help of her family, she intends to catch the person behind these horrible threats.

I loved the first three books in this series, but I actually loved this one even more. I didn’t think that was possible. The characters are so well written and I absolutely adore each member of the Evans family. The love and concern they have for each other is apparent with each page. They grab at your heartstrings and won’t let go. You can’t help but cheer for them.

As for the story, talk about a fast-paced story. Desert Intrigue is that and more! It’s an easy, quick read. I’ve been having a tough time this week and this book certainly lightened my mood. It’s a book that will leave you with that “warm fuzzy” feeling.

This can be read as a standalone book, but I suggest you treat yourself and read them all. Linda Weaver Clarke has outdone herself with this book!

Would you like to win a copy of this wonderful book for yourself? Visit Linda Weaver Clarke’s blog and enter for your chance by clicking here.


Since I'm gushing all over the place about this book, I'm sure it comes as no surprise that it's getting 5 kitties and my Socrates' Great Book Alert.





FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

For Reading Challenges:

A to Z Reading Challenge
EBook Reading Challenge
Merely Mystery Reading Challenge
Where Are You Reading Challenge? (Arizona)

13 comments:

  1. With such a glowing review, I'll have to check this series out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it so much, I have heard good things about this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a review. Thanks for sharing. I love the blog, too. So bright and friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this book is anything like, "Malinda And The Wild West," readers are in for a treat.

    Great review. Linda has a gift for putting you right there in the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a fabulous book. I recently won a copy and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her series. I am in the middle of Desert Intrigue right now! Thanks for the awesome review!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Desert Intrigue. It's filled with so much interesting history and legend all wrapped up in a mystery and love of family, including a wedding coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda Weaver Clark knows how to write! All of her books are well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the cover :) Sounds like a thrilling book

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I'm not familiar with these books at all, but sounds like I need to remedy that! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I'm glad you liked this book so much! I will have to check into the first book in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To think that I almost missed your review of this book (I was away on Saturday)! Glad you enjoyed this one. This was my favorite from the series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize this was the fourth in a series. I just looked at her site and it seems like the whole series has interesting settings. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I figured I would comment here since your review and mine are the ones featured. Great review! I have not read all the books in the series, but I certainly plan on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.