Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cruisin' Thru The Cozies Reading Challenge 2015




Welcome to the fifth annual Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge! Wow, this is the fifth year I'm hosting this challenge and I'm still loving the cozies.



To find out exactly what a cozy mystery is, check out Cozy-Mystery.com. This site is dedicated to cozy mysteries and does a great job of defining them as well as giving a list of cozy mysteries. This challenge is NOT restricted to what is on their list, it's just to be used as a guideline in case you need some hints on what to read.

So, here are the rules...

1. Choose the level you wish to participate:

Level 1 - Snoop - Read at least 6 books

Level 2 - Investigator - Read 7-12 books

Level 3 - Super Sleuth - Read 13 or more books

Level 4 - Sleuth Extraordinaire - Read 20 or more

2. The challenge runs from January 1, 2015 and ends December 31, 2015.

3. You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.

4. Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!

5. You don't have to post a review, but I'm sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.

NOTE: If you don't have a blog and want to participate, that's fine. You don't have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books. If you belong to a site like Goodreads and review the books there, that's fine too. Just leave us the link.  I also have a group for this challenge on Goodreads and you can sign up by clicking here.


6. If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky below. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.

7. I'm going to have one link for signing up, one link for completed reviews and one link for your wrap up posts. I won't be having a monthly link, just one for all reviews read for this challenge.

Have fun!

I will go for Level 3 and list my books here...

1)  Murder in the Arboretum by Christa Nardi (Click here to read my review.)

2)  A Killer Retreat by Tracy Weber (Click here to read my review.)

3)  Fry Another Day by J.J. Cook (Click here for review.)

4)  Community Affairs by Michele Lynn Seigfried (Click here to read my review.)

5)  Flamenco, Flan, and Fatalities by Mary McHugh (Click here to read my review.)

6)  The Deep End by Julie Mulhern (Click here to read my review.)

7)  Borrowed Crime by Laurie Cass (Click here to read my review.)

8) Bringing in the Thieves by Lora Lee (Click here to read my review.)

9)  Unbelievable by Cindy Blackburn (Click here to read my review.)

10)  Cat Man Deux by Maureen Murphy Williams (Click here to read my review.)

11)  The Mysterious Doll by Linda Weaver Clarke (Click here to read my review.)

12)  Snow Way Out by Christine Husom (Click here to read my review.)

13)  Threads of Deceit by Mae Fox and Jan Fields (Click here to read my review.)





Link up your reviews with the linky below. Please use this format:

Line 1: Title of book (Your name/blog)
Line 2: Direct link to your review



After you complete the challenge, you can link your wrap up posts on the linky below. Make sure you put the link to your wrap up post or to a list of the books you completed for this challenge...



30 comments:

  1. I'm thinking I'll drop down to Snoop... that way I KNOW I'll make my goal. :) Fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll try for level 4 in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will just sign up at Goodreads as I really have not been blogging since May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have more than 13 listed for this year and am reading 2 at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going for Level 1, Snoop. As I said on my blog, I think picking those six books will be the most fun task of this challenge! (And a challenge in and of itself.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be doing Level Three, since I have some any of these books to read and

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm undecided about this one. I may skip it next year but I haven't decided. I want to scale back and this one didn't make me work very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going for Level 4 and keeping track at Goodreads. The below may be of interest to 'newcomers' like me.

    I was really wondering about some of the authors listed at the Cozy-Mystery site, so I went back to carefully read the description. At the bottom of the page, she mentions adding an Addendum with the following comment:
    "I have to admit that lately, authors of what are considered to be Cozy Mysteries are adding more graphic language and "adult situations" >>> I am not sure if this is because their publishers/editors want this or if it is because the public wants (buys) more "adult situation" Cozy Mysteries."
    The full Addendum (including nearly 100 comments) can be found at:
    http://www.cozy-mystery.com/blog/definition-of-a-cozy-mystery-book-an-addendum-to-my-previous-definition.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I linked to my reading challenge page, where I keep all the challenges I'm running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in again! I think I'll aim for Level 4, 20 or more. My sign up post will be up in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first year doing this challenge, I am so excited. I am in such a cozy mood right now..I am even working on having a cozy event in February! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went with level 3 for the last two years, so I'm aiming for level 4 this year! Can't wait to get started - I have some books already lined up for January. Thank you so much for hosting, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I said I wasn't going to join challenges this year but I just can't help myself -- this looks like something that is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting again, Yvonne. The challenge is fun!

    Ellie Oberth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Going for Snoop status! I'm relatively new to the genre so I'm really excited for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Going for the whole thing again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm signing up for Super Sleuth again! I barely made it this year, but I made it lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going for snoop, but hope to level up

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going for Level 3 - if I read enough for a higher level, can I move up? Thanks for the challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Trying for Level 3. Thanks for the fun challenge!!
    Carol Smith

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin -- http://boyett-brinkley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am late entering but I'd love to take this reading challenge. Is it ok to join? I do not have a blog. I will enter at the Snoop level.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, Missi. Of course you can join. You don't need a blog. You can just post your updates right here. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Spent this morning catching up on my Challenge Page after coming back after me son's death.

    Added a bunch for March and April. Up to 46. You can see this list here: http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/challenges-2/

    Will begin linking them separately again in May.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I accidentally posted my latest review to the sign-up linky. Could you remove my link at #44? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Finished my challenge on Goodreads..this is the link
    https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2080339-sign-up-for-level-3-here
    Is their away to up my challenge to the next level?
    Thanks.
    Carol Smith. penelope223@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, you can just keep reading and add to your challenge that way.

      Delete
  27. Thanks for the challenge. I really enjoyed reading all those cozies :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.