Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Cruisin' Thru The Cozies Reading Challenge 2015
Welcome to the fifth annual Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge! Wow, this is the fifth year I'm hosting this challenge and I'm still loving the cozies.
To find out exactly what a cozy mystery is, check out Cozy-Mystery.com. This site is dedicated to cozy mysteries and does a great job of defining them as well as giving a list of cozy mysteries. This challenge is NOT restricted to what is on their list, it's just to be used as a guideline in case you need some hints on what to read.
So, here are the rules...
1. Choose the level you wish to participate:
Level 1 - Snoop - Read at least 6 books
Level 2 - Investigator - Read 7-12 books
Level 3 - Super Sleuth - Read 13 or more books
Level 4 - Sleuth Extraordinaire - Read 20 or more
2. The challenge runs from January 1, 2015 and ends December 31, 2015.
3. You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.
4. Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!
5. You don't have to post a review, but I'm sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.
NOTE: If you don't have a blog and want to participate, that's fine. You don't have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books. If you belong to a site like Goodreads and review the books there, that's fine too. Just leave us the link. I also have a group for this challenge on Goodreads and you can sign up by clicking here.
6. If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky below. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.
7. I'm going to have one link for signing up, one link for completed reviews and one link for your wrap up posts. I won't be having a monthly link, just one for all reviews read for this challenge.
I will go for Level 3 and list my books here...
1) Murder in the Arboretum by Christa Nardi (Click here to read my review.)
2) A Killer Retreat by Tracy Weber (Click here to read my review.)
3) Fry Another Day by J.J. Cook (Click here for review.)
4) Community Affairs by Michele Lynn Seigfried (Click here to read my review.)
5) Flamenco, Flan, and Fatalities by Mary McHugh (Click here to read my review.)
6) The Deep End by Julie Mulhern (Click here to read my review.)
7) Borrowed Crime by Laurie Cass (Click here to read my review.)
8) Bringing in the Thieves by Lora Lee (Click here to read my review.)
9) Unbelievable by Cindy Blackburn (Click here to read my review.)
10) Cat Man Deux by Maureen Murphy Williams (Click here to read my review.)
11) The Mysterious Doll by Linda Weaver Clarke (Click here to read my review.)
12) Snow Way Out by Christine Husom (Click here to read my review.)
13) Threads of Deceit by Mae Fox and Jan Fields (Click here to read my review.)
Link up your reviews with the linky below. Please use this format:
Line 1: Title of book (Your name/blog)
Line 2: Direct link to your review
After you complete the challenge, you can link your wrap up posts on the linky below. Make sure you put the link to your wrap up post or to a list of the books you completed for this challenge...