Wednesday, November 12, 2014
What An Animal Reading Challenge VIII 2015
Welcome to the 2015 What an Animal Reading Challenge VIII. I began hosting this challenge in 2010, when I took it over from Kristi at Passion for the Page. I love reading books that feature animals and am going to host this one again. So, this is my sixth year of hosting it. I hope you will join me.
The challenge will begin on January 1st. Read on for more details...
The rules are really simple...
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).
Level 1 - Read at least 6 books
Level 2 - Read 7-12
Level 3 - Read 13 or more
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books.
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining my group on Goodreads for this challenge by clicking here.
9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
I'm going for Level 2 and will list my books here...
1. A Killer Retreat by Tracy Weber (Click here for review.)
2. Borrowed Crime by Laurie Cass (Click here to read my review.)
3. Cat Man Deux by Maureen Murphy Williams (Click here to read my review.)
4. Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet by M.C. Beaton (Click here to read my review.)
5. Buy A Whisker by Sofie Ryan (Click here to read my review.)
6. Romeow and Julie by Kathi Daley (Click here to read my review.)
7. Bite the Biscuit by Linda O. Johnston (Click here to read my review.)
8. Fat Cat Spreads Out by Janet Cantrell (Click here to read my review.)
9. Code Grey by Clea Simon (Click here to read my review.)
10. Black Cat Crossing by Kay Finch (Click here to read my review.)
11. Faux Paw by Sofie Kelly (Click here to read my review.)
12. Words With Fiends by Ali Brandon (Click here to read my review.)
If you'd like to sign up, please use Mr. Linky below. Please link directly to your post about the challenge and not to your main blog page.
There will be one linky to sign up, one linky for completed reviews and one linky for completed challenge wrap up posts. For now, just the sign up linky is below.
Link up your reviews with the linky below. Please use this format:
Line 1: Title of book (Your name/blog)
Line 2: Direct link to your review
After you complete your challenge, you can link your wrap up posts on the linky below. Please be sure to use the url to your wrap up post or to a list of the books you read to complete this challenge.