Saturday, November 1, 2014

Review: 11th Hour by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro


Genre:
Mystery, Thriller

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Little, Brown & Company

Release Date:
February 2013





In the 11th book of the Women’s Murder Club, Lindsay Boxer is pregnant and making a life with her husband, Joe. However, that doesn’t stop her from doing her job. In her latest case, it appears that San Francisco has a vigilante killer loose and killing bad guys. Lindsay is shocked to discover that the vigilante might be one of her own.

There’s also an odd case where severed heads are found on property owned by a famous celebrity whose wife mysteriously disappeared years ago. Could one of the heads belong to her? Where are the bodies? After some investigating, Lindsay learns there could be more heads buried on the property.

To add to Lindsay’s woes, a reporter seems intent on attacking Lindsay’s personal life and causing problems in her new marriage. Will her marriage survive this?

I’m a huge James Patterson fan and The Women’s Murder Club has always been my favorite of his series. This is another good one that keeps you hooked until the end. I love listening to this series on audio, except that I never want to get out of the car and turn it off. LOL I already started listening to #12 and I can already tell this is going to be another good one.



For reading challenges:
2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I borrowed the audio book from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I thought I'd read this, the severed heads sounded familiar, but the blurb on goodredas doesn't ring any bells and I have it marked as wish list. Ah well, if I haven't yet read it, I will. Patterson is not a fave author but he does have a vivid imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad they keep being good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed the James Patterson books I've read but it's been awhile. I'm glad to hear they're still entertaining and I like that you enjoyed the audio version. My library has a few but I wasn't sure how it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy it. This author is incredible. Here's mine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.