Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - November 11th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...


The holidays were supposed to be a time of goodwill, celebration, and community. You couldn't tell it from the glares going around the table as Mayor Baylor talked. Earlier, the leader of our little town had the group eating out of his hand. Then all hell broke loose. Focusing on the uproar going on at the Business-to-Business monthly meeting, I wondered if the shop owners gathered around the mismatched tables had even seen the calendar. As South Cove's council liaison, I volunteered my shop each month for the meeting. I'm Jill Gardner, owner of Coffee, Books, and More, and president of the I-Hate-Mayor Baylor Club. A red-faced Bill Simmons, chair of the business council and owner of South Cove Bed-and-Breakfast, stood at the front of the table, trying to get the group to quiet down.


So what do you think? Would you keep reading?

20 comments:

  1. Mr. mayor doesn't sound very popular with this group. Hope you enjoy! Mine: Biting the Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at "president of the I-Hate-Mayor Baylor Club." Great teaser. Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover! It's that time of year. Sounds like a good read for those cold days coming up when all I want to do is snuggle under a blanket and read!
    Today my teaser is from The Underground Girls of Kabul by Jenny Nordbeg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fun to watch a group turn on an officious character like the mayor (or that's how he sounds). I am definitely wanting to know more!

    Here's mine: “INTO THE DARKEST CORNER”


    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I like the title. I like the beginning. What is causing the business owners to be in such a hissy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd definitely keep reading to find about what caused the uproar! This sounds like a fun cozy.
    My Tuesday post features THE LEGACY LETTERS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd definitely keep reading! I'd love to know what triggered the I-Hate-Mayor-Baylor :D Hope you love the rest of the book, thanks for sharing!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cover. The writing style didn't 100% appeal to me though... hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I'd keep reading. I'd want to know what exactly was causing such an uproar. My teaser this week is from Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This certainly sounds intriguing, what on earth happened at that meeting? Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/11/teaser-tuesday-november-11/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This novel starts off in a way that makes me want to know more, and I like a good story set during the Christmas season. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love series mysteries! And what a cute series title - "Tourist Trap"
    Mine this week is also a series mystery: http://wp.me/pZnGI-fu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a very heated meeting! I'd keep reading! Here is my TT: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2014/11/teaser-tuesday-nov-11-vision-of-fire-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to read more and see what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A holiday mystery? I'd surely read on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wonder why she doesn't like the Mayor. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a fun read. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's mine:
    TeaserTuesday@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! I like the intro. This sounds like it will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.