Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - November 5th



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This one got my attention because it features a group of mystery readers and they call themselves "The Readaholics". I'm not part of an official reading group, but I do consider myself a readaholic. I'm really looking forward to this one and it is already on my wishlist...(Not to mention I see that pretty little cat on the couch - LOL).



This is the synopsis from Goodreads:

Amy-Faye Johnson’s beloved book club, the Readaholics, enjoys guessing whodunit in mysteries like The Maltese Falcon. But when a murder happens in their midst, they discover that solving crimes is harder than it seems…

Usually Amy-Faye would be the first to sing the praises of her idyllic Rocky Mountain town of Heaven, Colorado. Her event-planning business is thriving, her fellow book-obsessed Readaholics are a hoot, and her parents live only a few blocks away. But lately her hometown has felt a little less heavenly. First, she agrees to plan a wedding without realizing the groom is her ex-boyfriend. Then, Ivy, one of her fellow Readaholics, dies suddenly under mysterious circumstances.

The police rule Ivy’s death a suicide by poisoning, but Amy-Faye and the remaining Readaholics suspect foul play. Amy-Faye soon discovers that Ivy was hiding dangerous secrets—and making deadly enemies. Taking a page from her favorite literary sleuths, Amy-Faye is determined to find the real killer and close the book on this case. But finding the truth could spell her own ending

Publisher:  NAL
Release Date:  April 2015

6 comments:

  1. Oh no....murder in a book club?! That would be rough. Sounds like a good story, though. Enjoy!
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the synopsis and cover. Sounds like it's worth the wait.

    My WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/11/waiting-on-wednesday-girl-on-train.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one has several elements I love: book clubs and pretty settings. And I love the cover!

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy. Here's mine: “THE FIRST WIFE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an enticing cozy, Yvonne. It might be a good choice for a book club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I needed to see was Readerholic and I'm adding it to my list! This sounds like it could be really great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.