Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Review: The Counterfeiter-Catching Cat by Alannah Rogers




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Release Date:
June 2015








Synopsis from Goodreads:

The leaves have turned and autumn has finally come to the small town of Ashbrook, New Hampshire. Beatrice Young, the sixty-two-year-old owner of the Cozy Cat CafĂ©, is busy slinging coffee for tourists. Yet when her ever-perceptive Maine Coon cat, Hamish, sniffs out a fake twenty-dollar bill, the hunt is on to find its maker. And then there’s the fact that Jordan Clark has disappeared – he was seen walking out of a bar towards the woods, never to be seen again.

With the help of the ever-grumpy sheriff, her black cat Lucky, and her ex-husband and best friend Matthew, Beatrice finds intriguing links between the two mysteries. Jordan has a complicated past, one that could draw out a dangerous killer and place him squarely in Beatrice’s path. In the end, it’s up to her feline companions to find the clues that will keep her safe, put the culprit behind bars, and restore order to Ashbrook once more.

The Counterfeiter-Catching Cat is the first book in the Beatrice Young cozy cat mystery series.

My Review

This book had a few things I love starting with two adorable cat sleuths. It’s so much fun when the cats help solve the crimes. No, these cats don’t talk but they didn’t have to. They got their point across and helped to save the day.

Beatrice Young is an older amateur sleuth, which is another aspect I liked. She owns a Cozy Cat Cafe - an excellent setting for a cat mystery :) There’s a hint of romance which will probably be explored in future books.

It’s not a complex murdery mystery and can be read in just a couple of hours. It’s a good start to a new series and I’m looking forward to reading more.



For reading challenges:
The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2017
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2017

Disclosure: I read this one from my personal library. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a cute cat cozy. Terrific review, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this, I am really into cozy mysteries with cats right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.