Saturday, December 30, 2017

Review: The Tail of The Secret Identity by Alannah Rogers


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Release Date:
September 11, 2015











Synopsis from Goodreads:

Bernie Sullivan is Ashbrook, New Hampshire's beloved mayor. That is, until he winds up dead.

Such a paw-sitively dreadful event calls for the assistance of Beatrice Young, the sixty-two-year-old owner of the Cozy Cat Café, and her crime-solving cats Hamish and Lucky.

As the truth about the mayor's past comes to light, they discover that Bernie was not at all who he pretended to be. To complicate matters further, there's a new cat on the scene—the pretty Petunia, who has Hamish and Lucky duking it out for her attention. Not to mention that Beatrice's ex-husband and best friend Matthew has a date.

What's Beatrice to do?

My Review

The small town of Ashbrook suffers a great loss when their mayor, Bernie Sullivan is murdered. Bernie was well loved in the small town. It’s impossible to imagine someone would kill him, but someone did. Beatrice Young and her kitties are on the case. They are determined to help the sheriff solve this mystery.

An interesting turn of events occurs when a new cat shows up on Beatrice’s doorstep. Hamish and Lucky are both entranced by the beautiful Petunia. They immediately fight for her attention, while Beatrice’s ex-hsuband begins dating, much to Beatrice’s dismay.

As the investigation proceeds into the death of Bernie Sullivan, Beatrice uncovers some information that rocks the small town to its core.

This is the third book in the Beatrice Young mystery series and it’s my favorite, so far. Each book introduces us to more characters. It’s becoming a well-rounded cast of characters. I find myself looking forward to the next book in the series. They are a delightful way to escape from reality for a few hours



For reading challenges:
The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2017

Disclosure: I borrowed this from Kindle Unlimited. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.