Sunday, December 24, 2017

Review: Cream of Sweet by Wendy Meadows


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Majestic Owl Publishing LLC

Release Date:
February 19, 2017








Olivia Cloud owns the chocolate shop, Block-a-Choc Shoppe in the small town of Chester . It’s fall festival time when one of Olivia’s arch enemies, Lizzy Couture, dies after eating one of her chocolates. Olivia becomes the prime suspect. With the help of her dog, Dodger, and a local private investigator, Jake Morgan, Olivia is determined to prove her innocence.

It doesn’t take long for Olivia and Jake to discover that Lizzy had quite a few enemies. Any one of them could be the killer. It’s up to them to prove it, since the police have settled on Olivia as the guilty party. Along the way, Olivia and Jake find they are quite attracted to each other. Will their attraction amount to anything?

This is a super quick read and perfect for those times when you don’t want to get involved in a long book. It’s a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. It’s well written with a cast of interesting, quirky characters. I’ll definitely read the next one.





I borrowed this one through Kindle Unlimited. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good and when I checked it out on Amazon, I saw the six e-book series was available for $5.94 so I bought it. Thanks for bringing this series to my attention!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.