Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 Literary Escapes Reading Challenge-Sign Up



This reading challenge sounds like so much fun that I couldn't resist.  It's hosted by Lori at Escape with Dollycas.

Here are the details...



Challenge – Try to read 1 book set in each of the 50 states + the District of Columbia. (51 Points). If you complete the challenge you earn 50 Bonus Points. You also can earn Bonus Points for books set in Counties around the world. 1 Bonus Point for each country. (No repeats – only 1 point can be earned for each country.)

Your books can be fiction or non-fiction and can be in any format, print, digital, audio.

So how do you decide what state a book is categorized under?
1. In a fiction read it would be the State or Country that the book spends the most time in. (Ie. If your main character is from Wisconsin but the book is all about his/her time in college in California – the books should categorize under California….)

2. Non fiction reads categorize in whatever State or Country it is about (Ie…. a book about fly fishing in Colorado is a Colorado point, and a book about women in Afghanistan is an Afghanistan point.

3. If the book goes from one state to another… go with the state that most of the time is spent.

I will list the books I read here.

Alabama - Hurricane Season by Laurie K. Denton (Click here for my review.)

Alaska

Arizona

Arkansas

California - About that Kiss by Jill Shalvis (Click here for my review.)

Colorado

Connecticut - The Uninvited Corpse by Debra Sennefelder (Click here for my review.)

Delaware

District of Columbia - K Street Killing by Colleen Shogan (Click here for my review.)

Florida - Scone Cold Killer by Lena Gregory (Click here for my review.)

Georgia - Lethal In Old Lace by Duffy Brown (Click here for my review.)

Hawaii - Homicide in Hawaii by Susan Harper (Click here for my review.)

Idaho

Illinois - Die Me a River by Denise Swanson (Click here for my review.)

Indiana

Iowa - Let Her Go by D.J. Adamson (Click here for my review.)

Kansas

Kentucky - Three Shoeboxes by Steven Manchester (Click here for my review.)

Louisiana - Glitter Bomb by Laura Childs with Terrie Farley Moran (Click here for my review.)

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts - A Nantucket Wedding by Nancy Thayer (Click here for my review.)

Michigan -  Killed on Blueberry Hill by Sharon Farrow (Click here for my review.)

Minnesota - The Cats Came Back by Sofie Kelly (Click here for my review.)

Mississippi - Six Cats a Slayin' by Miranda James (Click here for my review.)

Missouri

Montana - Cowboy Seal Homecoming by Nicole Helm (Click here for my review.)

Nebraska

Nevada

New Hampshire - Bookmarked for Death by Lorna Barrett (Click here for my review.)

New Jersey - Class Reunions Are Murder by Libby Klein (Click here for my review.)

New Mexico

New York - Best of Luck by Corinne Scott (Click here for my review.)

North Carolina - Christmas at Lakeside Resort by Susan Schild (Click here for my review.)

North Dakota

Ohio - Italian Iced by Kylie Logan (Click here for my review.)

Oklahoma

Oregon  -  Pre-Meditated Murder by Tracy Weber (Click here for my review.)

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island - The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller by Cleo Coyle (Click here for my review.)

South Carolina - Plum Tea Crazy by Laura Childs (Click here for my review.)

South Dakota

Tennessee

Texas - Trouble in Texas by Susan Harper (Click here for my review.)

Utah

Vermont - The Broken Girls by Simone St. James (Click here for my review.)

Virginia

Washington - Home to Honeymoon Harbor (Click here for my review.)

West Virginia

Wisconsin - Survival of the Fritters by Ginger Bolton (Click here for my review.)

Wyoming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.