Friday, December 30, 2022

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - December 30th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to read this one soon.  I really enjoyed the first three books in the series. The quotes don't really tell you very much about the book, though.






First Chapter

"Do you smell that?" Craig was standing in the kitchen of the Manatee Bay Inn with Addi.

"It smells like smoke." Addi frowned and looked around.  "Did you leave anything on?"

From page 16 on my e-reader...

He stood patiently, trying not to wince as Sage played nurse.







What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



10 comments:

  1. An opening with a fire can't mean anything good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That opening doesn't sound good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover of this one! Hope you enjoy the book.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing beginning!! Wishing you the best for 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cover! I looked up the blurb and it does sound like it will be a good read. I am especially drawn to the fact that it features a wildlife shelter. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an opening that catches my attention! Thanks for sharing it on Book Beginnings. Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not pulling me in. No cat and I don't like the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the summer vibe with the cover, enjoy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to be at the beach today. It's raining outside here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover! Looks like a perfect place to relax.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.