Saturday, December 24, 2022

The Weekend Review - December 24th-26th





The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, it is now being hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a meme with a new host!  It's now being hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. This is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I'm also linking to  Stacking The Shelves which is hosted by Reading Reality.

Hi Everyone!  

A busy blog week.  I managed to complete four books this week.  All good ones and a few holiday books.  I always enjoy reading them at this time of year.  These were all fun.

I put together my list of reading challenges for 2023.  I think I've signed up for all I want to commit to.  It's the same ones I joined last year, except I didn't sign up for the audio book challenge this year.  I just haven't been listening to audios lately, so I figured I shouldn't even try for a challenge, but I could change my mind. 

I finished my Goodreads challenge - yay!  I think that will be the last challenge I complete this year.  I joined 12 challenges (4 were ones that I host) and I completed 7.  Not great but not terrible.  2023 is a new year.  We'll see how I do next year.

I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday weekend, whatever you celebrate - have a great holiday!  Merry, Merry! 






I'm currently reading...








I finished reading ...




I'm planning to read one of these next...







Here are this week's Kindle freebie haul. They were freebies when I got them, I don't know if they still are. Always make sure to check they are still free before buying. The prices change quickly.  

15 comments:

  1. As usual, you've had a busy reading week! I only finished one.....I've tackled some longer books here at the end of the year so progress is a bit slower. I've also got my challenges figured out - the sign up post will go up next week. Happy Reading in 2023 and Have the merriest Christmas!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-30

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Glad you have a good haul of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading life has been great. Thanks for the many recs this year.. Will check into Resting Scrooge Face. I hope that your holidays are very joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Resting Scrooge Face was a cute one! I haven't decided what challenges to do yet. I wonder if anyone has pulled together a list of all of them again this year like in years past. I'll probably stick to my Goodreads, blogging, and then a TBR challenge. Merry Christmas!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! You did great in completing four books last week during such a busy time.

    Coffee Spirits sure looks fun. I'm eager to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing your challenges. Merry Christmas! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coffee Spirits a Egg Nog looks like fun reading. Hope your Christmas day is going well, my Boxing Day is closing as I write and I need to go water the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas! :D Congrats on reading 4 books this past week. I'm still trying to decide which challenges to participate in. Have a great week!

    My Sunday News

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Yvonne!

    Wishing you a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas! Congratulations on the completed challenges. I only did one this year.

    Hope you enjoy your books. Resting Scrooge Face sounds fun.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2022/12/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_01255930146.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good work on your challenges! I finished my Goodreads one too. Come see my week here. Happy holidays and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a great Christmas ::)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on your reading challenges and good luck next year! I really enjoyed The Vinyl Resting Place. I'm looking forward to seeing where the series goes. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.