Friday, April 17, 2009

Murder of a Real Bad Boy by Denise Swanson




Genre: Cozy Mystery

School psychologist, Skye Denison, is having her newly inherited house renovated. She hires the sexy contractor, Beau Hamilton, to do the job. Not that she’s interested in the handsome man. She recently broke up with her boyfriend and has no need to get involved in another relationship. However, it doesn’t hurt to look.

When Beau’s work proves to be much less than adequate, Skye realized she has to look behind the sexiness and fire him. She’s given him umpteen chances, but the work is simply not being done. Unfortunately, before she can fire him someone kills him and she stumbles upon the dead body. The Sheriff quickly makes her the number one and only suspect.

Things get really crazy for Skye when the local police chief takes a romantic interes in her, her ex-boyfriend wants her back, her cat is missing, her brother has a deep dark secret and Beau’s sister turns up on her doorstep begging for help in finding her brother’s murderer. Skye always finds herself the center of murder investigations in Scumble River and has sworn to stay out of them, but how can she refuse getting involved in this one? Especially when she’s the prime suspect.

This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series. I always love re-visiting Scumble River and seeing what Skye is up to. Denise Swanson gives us a wide array of characters to fall in love with and some that will drive you crazy. Each character takes on a life of its own. This is the 8th book in the series and it never gets old. Each one is better than the previous one. I’m looking forward to reading #9.

For Reading Challenges: Amateur Sleuth Reading Challenge, Cozy Mystery Reading Challenge, Themed Reading Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I shall have to look out for this series, I haven't read any cozy mysteries before. This one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.