Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Finds



If you'd like to play along with Friday Finds, just click the button above.



What great books did you hear about / discover this past week? Share with us your FRIDAY FINDS!

This week I'm going with a book I haven't read yet, but I saw it at Barnes and Noble and started reading it. I fell in love with it. I think it's because it's set in early New York City and I'm a native New Yorker :)


It's called Summer at Tiffany and it's a memoir by Margorie Hart. I downloaded it to my Nook. This is the synopsis from Barnes & Noble:


Do you remember the best summer of your life?

New York City, 1945. Marjorie Jacobson and Marty Garrett arrive fresh from the Kappa house at the University of Iowa hoping to find summer positions as shopgirls. Turned away from the top department stores, they miraculously find jobs as pages at Tiffany & Co., becoming the first women to ever work on the sales floor.

Hart takes us back to the magical time when she and Marty rubbed shoulders with the rich and famous, pinched pennies to eat at the Automat, and danced away their weekends with dashing midshipmen. Between being dazzled by Judy Garland's honeymoon visit to Tiffany, celebrating VJ Day in Times Square, and mingling with Café society, she fell in love, made important decisions that would change her future, and created the remarkable memories she now shares with all of us.

Now I just need time to read it.


4 comments:

  1. This one does sound good. I've been seeing it around lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds like a nice summer afternoon read. Maybe you can find an hour each afternoon to take a peek and read a few pages. Anyway, HAPPY READING!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.