Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Favorite Reads



This is a fun meme hosted by Alyce at At Home With Books.

Each week I am featuring one of my favorite reads from the past.

If you would like to participate, please click the link above.

This is the first time I'm participating in this meme and I chose:



Summary from Fantastic Fiction:

When a tornado transports her back in time to 1876 and into the embrace of rugged Texas rancher Jordan McCabe, who mistakes her for his mail-order bride, ambitious businesswoman Elizabeth Mackenzie must make choice--surrender to passion or lose the love of a lifetime.

Why I Chose This Book:


I went through the journal I keep of books I read and went to one of my earliest entries and this was in it. This was a 1991 release. I used to absolutely love time travels back then and my favorite author was Constance O'Day Flannery. I couldn't get enough of her time travels. This was back in the day when I didn't do reviews and my TBR wasn't a mountain. So, I read them as soon as they were released. I would read Romantic Times to see when the next book would be published and then I'd anxiously be awaiting it.

Over the years, the books changed and so did I. I still like time travels, but they aren't my favorite. Maybe back then they were more rare and now they are more common. Also, there are so many more authors to choose time travels from, plus there are other paranormal angles thrown in these days such as ghosts and vampires.

I still have some of her books in my TBR and this post is making me want to pull one out and read it. I'm not totally through with time travels :)

5 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one, I too have read some time travel and seh went back to this time

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds lovely...I can see how you'd feel nostalgic about it.

    What a great idea, though, keeping a journal of books read. I wish I'd done that! Nowadays, my reviews point to my accomplishments, but there were so many years (before I reviewed) with nothing to mark the books. Except the books on my "have read" shelves...

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/my-favorite-reads/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fun read, I will have to see if my library has it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would think it would make for a bit of comedy - a businesswoman being put in the position of a mail order bride. :)

    I love time travel books, but was clueless that there was a whole genre of time travel romance out there, so I haven't really read any of them (except the Outlander books).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not much of one for time travels, but I do love a good romance, and mail-order bride stories are some of my favorites. Those and marriages of convenience. *sigh* Glad to hear you still look forward to the same author's books - it's funny how loyalty forms, isn't it? Nice pick.

    My choice this week is D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.