Monday, July 19, 2010

Musing Mondays - Your Bookshelf



If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing asks…

What does your bookshelf (or, what do your bookshelves) say about you to the people who come into your home?

My answer...

It says a few things about me...

First, "What a slob!" LOL My books are toppling over, they are stacked with no rhyme or reason. It was more of a case of wherever I found room, I put a book.

Second, "Is there anything she won't read?" My reading tastes vary...I like most genres and will try almost anything.

Third, "Does she have a problem?" That's because I have over 10,000 books and I'm addicted to getting them. There's no way I'll live long enough to read them, but that doesn't stop me from collecting more and more books.

What do your shelves look like?

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

11 comments:

  1. WOW -- 10,000 books! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed by your staggering number of books! And, here I thought my 1200 was lots! LOL. :P

    I totally understand the compulsion to keep collecting, though -- I'm working my way up to having my own "in home" (personal) library some day. ;)

    ~mizB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't actually counted mine, (just the unread ones once) but I have shelves in every room, in the hallways, in the dining room...everywhere! Then there are the stacks on the floor.

    Here's my musing:

    http://meditationsbylaurelrain.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/musing-mondays-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you sure have a lot of books! I thought we had a lot, but it's no where near 10,000!

    Here's my musing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! You are funny! I think it's great that you read a variety of books, and that you have so many. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu do make me laugh. I am with you on all three points. I suppose that makes me a woman with a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With that many books, do you ever accidentally buy a duplicate?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, the same could be said about me except they would think she is a neat freak and a bit anal about her book arrangements!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie - I try to keep a "to be bought" book with me all the time, but I have been known to get a few duplicates along the line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just like you, my books are on the shelves, but in no order whatsoever. But, it works for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.