Monday, July 12, 2010

Musing Mondays - Distractions



If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing asks…

Can you read amidst distractions? (tv, others talking, sporting events, etc)

My answer...


Not really. I prefer complete silence. In the "olden" days I could read regardless of what was going on around me, but not anymore. My mind tends to wander. A library job would have been so perfect for me. LOL


funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

8 comments:

  1. I prefer peace and quiet also. In the olden days, with 5 children and a husband, I could read in all the chaos, but, no longer, like you I prefer quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think my tolerance has lessened with the passage of time.

    Here's my Musing:

    http://meditationsbylaurelrain.wordpress.com/2010/07/12/musing-mondays/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not that I do not mind the noise...I need it. I am afraid I am one of those TV on, as background noise, all the time folks. I read, write, work...do everything with the 'distraction'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends how tired I am. If I am tired, then I like quiet to concentrate. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing distracts me (usually)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shhh. . . . I definitely prefer quiet while reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.