Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard




Genre: Fiction, Mystery

Jody Linder’s philosophy is whenever something good happens, it inevitably is followed by something bad. Something bad always occurred since she was three years old and her father was brutally murdered by Billy Crosby, an employee if the Linder family. The very same day, her mother disappeared. She was presumed dead at the hands of the very man who killed her father.

Twenty-three years later, Billy Crosby is released from prison, much to the dismay of the entire Linder family. Thanks to the efforts of Crosby’s lawyer son, he is released on a technicality and he plans to make the Linders pay for his imprisonment. Meanwhile, Jody finds herself attracted to his son, Collin, but knows nothing could ever come of it. Not with the history between their families.

I’ve never read anything by Nancy Pickard before, but I absolutely loved this book. Talk about not being able to put down a book, I was actually thinking about this book when I was at work. That rarely happens to me.

The Characters came to life on each page. They were brilliantly portrayed from the good guys to the bad guys. The story kept me on my toes and had me thinking throughout the book. Just when I thought I knew what happened all those years ago, the author tossed in a twist I never saw coming. I love when that happens! I’ll definitely be looking for more books by this author.



I also must give this one my Socrates’ Great Book Alert Award


8 comments:

  1. Ooooh good! This one is already on my TBR and wish lists. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my TBR list and can't wait to get my hands on it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one too!!

    I definitely recommend The Virgin of Small Plains if you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like I've got to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds excellent; great reviewing Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another addition to my TBR. Now if I would get off the puter and read I would be in better shape! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
    do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
    Yves Saint Laurent
    Tory Burch
    Christian Louboutin
    Men's Shoes
    Women's Shoes
    New Arrivals

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.