Monday, December 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - December 2nd


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week one of the books I'm reading...


Lola never knew what hit her.

She was exhausted; Kevin's "business slash pleasure" cruises always took a toll on her, and she was more than a bit annoyed he'd chosen this particular weekend for one - after all, tomorrow was their fifteenth wedding anniversary. She knew he'd been under a lot of strain lately, though, what with the new laser device KMG was developing for the Army - not only was he under pressure to deliver the product on time, but there had been rumblings of a corporate spy in KMG's midst. She wondered vaguely if that was the real reason behind this impromptu cruise. Why else would he have dragged his three key people along on a weekend that should have been meant solely for the two of them? And people she didn't particularly like, to boot?


What do you think? Would you keep reading?

21 comments:

  1. Can't say the opening of this one grabs me. I'd definitely need to know more. My teaser: The Heart of Christmas Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure from the opening, but I have a copy of this and will likely give it a try.

    My teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. Doesn't sound like much fun for her. I hope you are enjoying the book. Here's my teaser
    http://www.lovebitessilkties.co.uk/2014/12/teasertuesday-bookoftheweek-spanked-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cover! it's cute. thanks for sharing the teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover! Makes me want to settle right into the book.
    Today I'm featuring 'Dorothy Must Die' by Danielle Paige.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to read this. Been seeing it everywhere and just read a few reviews on some blogs. Sounds cozy fun!
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/02/teaser-tuesdays-90-come-along-with-me/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute title and cover!

    My TT this week is from The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly: http://wp.me/pZnGI-gb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea! Another title to add to my list for Cruisin' Through the Cozies for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would read a bit more to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, yes, I can see some devious moments ahead, and I am suspicious of the husband already!

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE SECRETS OF MIDWIVES”


    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I love that cover. But I have to admit I'm not really impressed with the opening passage. I love cats and mysteries, though -- so I'd probably stick with it a little longer. Hope you enjoy the read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's a lot of "telling" instead of "showing" in this opening, but I'd keep reading. I love to escape in a cozy!
    My Tuesday post features TRAIL MIX.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uh oh... someone doesn't sound too happy. I do hope you enjoy your read. Here is my TT https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/teaser-tuesday-december-2/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw this one around during the 56 last week.... looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure about this one, but I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd need to read a little bit more before I decide. Hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The teaser has certainly raised my suspicions! Great post! I do hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a mystery fan but the teaser's a good one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. me thinks the cruise is a cover for some espionage???? Enjoy your book. Have a nice week. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.