Saturday, December 13, 2014

Review: Christmas at Carriage Hill by Carla Neggers


Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Harlequin

Release Date:
December 2014





Alexandra Rankin Hunt is excited when she is asked to design the dresses for Olivia Frost’s Christmas Eve wedding. Although Alexandra lives and owns her own dress shop in a Cotswolds village in London, she agrees to make the trip to a small town in Massachusetts called Knights Bridge for the wedding. She’s hoping this will be a nice diversion from her relationship woes. Recently, Alexandra broke up with Ian Mabry, a RAF wing commander but Alexandra is having a difficult time forgetting about him entirely.

She’s shocked to find that Ian is also in Knights Bridge for the wedding. Determined to keep him at arm’s length, Ian has other ideas.

This novella is part of Carla Neggers’ Swift River Valley series. I usually love this author’s work and this is a sweet, romantic novella, but it clearly has to be read after reading the previous books in the series. There were many different characters mentioned, along with previous incidents. I hadn’t read any book in this series, so I was a bit thrown and couldn’t keep all the characters and their relationships straight. I’m sure if I read the series starting with the first book, it would have been a smoother read for me. I just spent too much time trying to keep all the characters mentioned straight in my head and it distracted me too much.

I did like the romance, the quaintness of small towns and the holiday atmosphere. I’m pretty sure it’s a series I would enjoy and I do intend to read the entire series from the beginning. It had me interested enough that I want to get book #1.



For reading challenges:
Romance Reading Challenge 2014

FTC Disclosure: Netgalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I like the combination of romance and holiday spirit

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad it didn't work as a stand-alone but it sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought all the characters would be a problem if you hadn't read the series. Sounds like I was right. I had read 2 out of 3 and I was a little confused! A family tree would've been helpful. It was a sweet story so I'm glad you enjoyed it for that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.