Saturday, December 13, 2014

Review: If Walls Could Talk by Juliet Blackwell (A Haunted Home Renovation Mystery #1)


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Tantor Media

Release Date:
August 2013







Melanie Turner restores historic houses in the San Francisco Bay area. Along with her father, she has an excellent reputation in the field but suddenly that’s all in danger. When an accident occurs on her job site and leaves one man dead, she finds herself in the middle of what could be more than an accident. It could have been murder.

Melanie’s experience is more about restoring houses than searching for killers, but when the dead man’s ghost appears before her own two eyes, she’s sure she must get to the bottom of this. Now her own life is on the line and she’s determined to find answers so the man can rest in peace.

I’ve anxiously been awaiting to start this series, so I was excited to see that my library had the audio version. It’s a well written, fast paced story but I think I would have enjoyed it much more if I read it. The audio is good but not all books work well on audio, especially mysteries. However, it did make me want to continue reading this series and to look into the author’s other cozy mystery series.





Disclosure: I borrowed this audio from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.


5 comments:

  1. I have never tried a mystery on audio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, this does sound very good. Terrific, concise review. I like the idea of audiobook mysteries, but who knows when I will actually listen to one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this one but I can see how it wouldn't necessarily work in audio. I have the 2nd and 3rd but haven't gotten to them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this series have read 3rd book and you must read her witch series so cool thanks for sharing one of my favorite authors have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have trouble with a mystery on audio too. I've read a couple of Blackwell's booksand they didn't work for me; I like her premises but I style didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.